Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Before you came into my life I missed you so bad...

Yes, the title of my new blog post is from the song "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepson. I love that song and so does Jacob...don't judge! :)

I was singing this to Jacob and being silly with him the other day and all parents know you will risk absolute total humiliation to get your baby to laugh. Jacob has started to dance and he likes that song, thus I was making a fool of myself. But the words really got me thinking. I never knew what I was missing before I became a mom. I honestly can't really even remember what I did with all of my spare time before he was born. He has brought so much joy to my life and I can't imagine my life without him.

It also helped clarify how much God truly loves me. Knowing the love that I feel now that I am a parent, I am just so humbled by the fact that God felt this way about Jesus and he still sacrificed him for ME!!! It's like I really get it now and I am so amazed by the depth of his love for people like you and me.

That's all for this post. Next time I will post some photos of Jacob's first time in a swimming pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment